Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting started with SCO Unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottlem

Technical User
Mar 23, 2001
GB
Hi

I am a deal with Novel admin and network admin. We have just been delivered a Server with Sco on it. It has 6 hard drives. disks 1,2,6 are stand alone and disks 3-5 have raid 5.

I need to setup certain directories on the different drives and allocate space on them.

Disk 1
/dmatemp (2gig)
Disk 2
/dma (4gig)
/dmatrans (2Gig)
Disk 3-5
/dmadata (4 gig)
/dmatrain (4 gig)
disk 6
unix swop space.
/dmadump

can anyone help me.

Email is Scott.le_marquand@viberts.com
ICQ 108860911 (use unix or something so i can authorise)

Regards

Scott

use the manual pages
man df for filesystem sizes
man divvy for using divvy to set up divisions on drives
mkdir for the directories where the filesystem already exists
mkdev fs for detaching and attaching filesystems to mount points
the raid drives will be addressed as a single drive Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Ed sorry but it think alot has changed with unixware 7*

Divvy does not exist nor does mkdev.

You're right, that's another playpen and definitely one I've not played in. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

ok thanks anyway for you help.

*wishes his company had bought and older version before they changed everything*

Well, then again, it would have helped if you would have indicated that in your original post...

that you were using Unixware and not SCO OpenServer...

just a thought for future posts you may do here...it's always best to give more specific info so people know what OS you're talking about...

for Unixware, you may want to look at "mkfs"

scooter6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back