Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting started - PMI, Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringostar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2003
CA
hi all,

have been managing IT projects for past 4 years, and after migrating to Canada (in Toronto), am looking to enhance skills with PMI certification. would like someone to help me with getting thru some basics of this; in particular i would like some clarification about:

1. how do i get the 35 hours pm education (any suggestions within toronto ? online courses ?) and how expensive can this be ?
2. do we need to pay the 500 $ fee at time of applying for PMI ?
3. how would you value the certification in the current market environment ?
4. any alternatives to getting PM status (other than PMI) from here in Toronto ?

thanks for your replies

1. Well, this is clearly stated in " PMI's PMP Certification Handbook " on page 5 and 6, that from where can you get 35 contact hours for PM education, and 4500 hours of Project Management Experience respectively.
2. What I understand Initial Certification Fee – non-member of PMI is 555$. You don’t have to pay examination or other sort of fee anymore.
3. Market for PMs never dies. Only PM lives happy anywhere, everywhere.
4. There are many alternatives, for example if you get a project management certificate from a university then its also very value able. And the best are as follows;
OR

Regards

SYED MEHAR RAZA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back