Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting rid of Yellow Background in Form Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSki

Programmer
Dec 13, 2000
US
Is there a way to get rid of the yellow background in form fields in IE? We designate required fields on our site with a red asterisk and when the users browser highlights s field in yellow, they think it is required by us. We have tried to set the color ourselves, but then the browser over rides it and still sets it to yellow.

Mitch

Is there a script way to disable this? By the time we were to try and add instructions explaining this to customers, we would probably confuse more people than the problem itself.

Mitch Duszynski

So instead of wanting to explain the situation to your users, you wish instead to disable functionality of some software that they have chosen to install on their PCs... hmmmm... I'd go for the former option, personally.

Dan

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

I reckon you should redesign your whole site so that all form fields have a yellow background. Use other colours that go with yellow to create a sympathetic colour scheme for the rest of the page too. Problem solved [smile]

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page [/tt][tt]@[/tt][tt] Code Couch
[/tt]

One would think that if they installed the google toolbar they would know what it is doing, but I guess that's being overly optimistic.

I don't know why they consider yellow boxes to be required, no site I know does that. They virtually all use red asterisks instead. It's almost a standard.

Anyway, if you HAVE to fix the problem, I like Jeff's solution. It's simple and effective. Let's just hope that the google toolbar doesn't detect that all input boxes are yellow and decide to use a complementary color for its autofill boxes.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back