Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Rid of "Importing ...." Message Window 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitrous270

Technical User
Jul 27, 2002
US
Well i've looked all over these forums and couldn't find a definate answer to the problem of hiding the "Importing ..." Image message box when displaying images on a form so I thought I'd post what found and did.

First of all I searched the web and found this thread on another forum.

and from there there is a link

You can read for yourself their suggestions but as for me I used neither. I had no luck with the registry and the other solution below seemed easier to try before creating the timed event.

Anyway what I did was change my ImageFrame box to an Active X control, Microsoft Forms 2.0 Image. It can be found by going to the list of "More Controls" on the "Toolbox".

If you already have some code you will need to make a few modifications.

Me![ImageFrame].Picture = Me![ImagePath]

Changes to ...

Me![ImageFrame].Picture = LoadPicture(Me![ImagePath])

If you do some sort of file path checking such as ...

If Me![ImageFrame].Picture <> strImagePath Then

You will need to change that to something like ...

If IsNull(LoadPicture(Me![ImagePath])) Then

i.e LoadPicture returns a Null if the file name no longer exists, its entered incorrectly in the table, or ect ect.

Sorry if its a bit wordy but I hope this helps someone else.
Nitrous270

Hi Nitrous270,

I don't answer your questions as you often don't acknowledge member's suggestions and never mark a suggestion as helpful.

But to show how it's done, I'm marking this one as helpful. This one will definitely help me in the future, will save lots of disk space, I've always used bitmaps to avoid this annoying message. Well done!

I think in other threads though, that you owe sciverb and Danvlas and other members a star or two to reward them for their work.

Bill

Bill,

Yeah i will admit i'm kinda bad about that (the stars and responding) My work on the database I've been workin' on has been sparatic and thus so have my trips to these forums. I've tried to post solutions to common problems that I've found other users having trouble with as well. But I do try and search the threads before I post.

Hehe...I did go back and try and put some stars on ones that were helpful for me.

Sorry if I've rubbed you the wrong way didn't mean to offend anyone.

Nitrous270

Wow Nitrous,

The loading time with the ActiveX image is 1/4 the time of a jpg.

If I could give you ten stars, I would.

-Patrick

Nine times out of ten, the simplest solution is the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back