Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting rid of pckeeper 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldtooth

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
GB
I am trying to install the 'F-Secure' program on my pc, but it tells me to get rid of pckeeper, with which it is incompatible, and which I appear to have somewhere on my pc. There is no evidence of this program in the Control Panel / uninstall page. I have followed several of the 'recommended' removal tools on the net, only to find, at the end of the uninstall, I have to register with the appropriate company and pay. Does anyone know of a simple and free way of getting rid of pckeeper? I'm still using Vista. Thanks!

I don't know pckeeper but I would try to remove it manualy, something like this should work:

1. Try to look into services (command services.msc), if something like pckeeper is running, then disable it.
2. Search your HardDrive for pckeeper (maybe in Program Files) and if something found delete it.
3. Go into the windows registry (command regedit), search for pckeeper (maybe in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE) and delete it.

Or maybe try to install other antivirus software with you current config.
I don't know F-Secure but maybe other antivirus solution doesn't have problem with your current config - you can try.

I'm personally using Avira Free Antivirus.

Thanks, mikrom. I found some stuff in my registry under 'Kromtech' (the company responsible for pckeeper) and deleted it. F-Secure installed successfully!
Thanks again
Martin (aka goldtooth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back