Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting rid of authorization codes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
Commmunication Manager 3.1.4

Our system is set up to require callers to enter an authorization code after dialing a long distance number. I've been asked to remove this requirement but I don't know the mechanism that forces the prompt. All of our stations are set to COR 13 which is labeled "HNPA Long Distance". I know from past experience that setting my station to COR 14 (labeled "FNPA Long Distance") will allow me to dial long distance without the prompt but I don't know what other side affects that may have. The only difference I see between the two CORs is FRL. COR 13 has FRL 3 and COR 14 has FRL 4.

From a little digging it appears that FRLs are involved with allowing trunk access via route patterns. I only have one route pattern with a FRL of 3 and it's labeled "LD w/i Home A/C". That route pattern does not have anything under the NPA field. I have 3 routes with a FRL of 4, all of which list our home prefix under their NPAs.

It looks like I should be able to change the FRL of COR 13 to 4 to get rid of the auth codes, but I would like to understand how that actually works and if that's the right approach.

I inherited this system years ago and have never had to touch any of this.

Interestingly I also found something about system-parameters special-applications: (SA8517) - Authorization Code By COR? Unfortunately, ours is set to no.

Thanks.

Jeff
[small]"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me
[/small]

Do a "list auth" you should see all the codes and the COR they provide.

If you want to turn off auth codes entirely, "change system-parameters features", page 4 or so,
AUTHORIZATION CODE PARAMETERS Authorization Codes Enabled? n

once you do that you'll want to change all COR 13 users to COR 14, or change COR 13 to match COR 14.

(it's been a terribly long time since I've mucked with auth codes, so I apologize if there's another step. Try this after hours in case you need to revert) :)

Looking at this again, I think you're right on and there is no other step. I've got a much better picture of how it hangs together now. Thanks.

Jeff
[small]"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me
[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back