Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting ready for install, Got some questions before i start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

drphat

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2001
US
Ok, i have a simple postoffice setup now, i am going to be installing exchange and use most of the options in it. BUT, is there a way that i can get the install to pull over my current postoffice users and all?

Also, what do i do with the current PST files i have??

Exchange supports (personal Store files) PST files. However there are some good reasons not to use PST files as a default mail delivery location.
Server based rules will not work on PST data and PST files can not be opened for shared access. The data held is difficult to maintain centrally, and rarely gets backed up. Its estimated by Microsoft that PST's use at least twice the amount of space. Also users whose calendars are stored in PST files can't share their calendars with server based users.
However for storing non-critical and archived files, it is fine to use PST.

Is there some migration tool that i could use to bring over all the pst data to each account? I store them in one common folder at my 2 sites, so getting them is not a prob.

I am trying to access another person's account on Exchange Server (to view his calendar).

site:
However, as soon as I enter his login id and click on "click here" to connect .... I am taken to another screen on the net - which is totally blank.

That's as far as I get.

Is there a reason for this problem? Can it be rectified??

Regards

Janelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back