Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting procomm to work on windows 7 or alternatives to procomm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan1765

Programmer
Jan 6, 2013
CA
Hi All

just got a new laptop with Windows 7 and while I got procomm installed I get errors every time I try to dial out. I've tried compatibility settings and variious other things but no go. Any ideas?

The biggest thing os right click on the ICON, and go to Properties then click on the Compatibility Tab. Click on the box Run this machine and then choice Windows XP Service Pak 3

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Thanks for the fast reply. I had to set it to XP SP 3 compatibility like you said but it still didn't work.

In case anyone else runs into this.

In Procomm I also had to go to options, system options, dialing options, then dialing properties, check off my 3 digit NPA and it works. (I checked and any 3 digits work) I've installed procomm a bunch of times on XP and never had to to this.

Dan

DARN!!! I quit using Procomm since I couldn't get mine working - nice find on the 3 digit NPA ...

Yea I still think Procom is the best

You must have the 32 bit Windows 7. I have Procomm Plus working fine. The trick is to allow full access by right clicking the "Procomm Plus" folder and selecting properties. Then make sure that your account has full permissions to the folder by pressing the security tab and ticking "full control"

You might also have to go onto the advance tab to check that you have full rights.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Ahhhh - I have 64 bit ... boooo - I just miss my health report script - no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back