Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting POP3 Services working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abenage

MIS
Oct 28, 1998
US
The server console says that POP3 has started. I configure my POP3 client but I cannot get connected. My user name in the Address Book is Aaron Benage and I have a mail file setup in \mail\abenage.nsf. What mailbox should I configure my mail client to look at? The server is configured as mibankswo2.mitest.com/M&I. I can connect to the server with Notes. TCP/IP connection. Would it be abenage@mibanksw02.mitest.com? Do I have to throw that "/M&I" in there somewhere?

If you would like to read your Notes mail from a POP3 mail client, such as OutLook or Eudora, all you have to do now is (assuming your POP3 server task already runs on the Domino server) to create a mail account in the POP3 mail client and place your server name in the Incoming Mail (POP3) server field and place your username (in your case would be &quot;abenage&quot; or &quot;Aaron_Benage&quot; as Account Name and place your password.<br>
<br>
Your server name would be as it is registered in the network, if your Domino server is &quot;mibankswo2.mitest.com/M&I&quot;, you use a server &quot;mibankswo2&quot; in &quot;mitest.com&quot; network domain, so just use &quot;mibankswo2.mitest.com&quot;. the &quot;M&I&quot; is Domino Domain or Organization name which is unknown to non-Notes Client.<br>
<br>
If it is an R5 Domino server and you would like to read via WebMail, just type &quot;mibankswo2.mitest.com/mail/abenage.nsf&quot; in your browser's URL.

What suggestions do you have as to why this would not come up in a web page? I have tried this and it doesnt work. I use a passthrough server Etxtendnet 4000 to send and deliver mail to the internet that registers the domain name but the DNS service is provided by a thrid party is this where it could be going wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back