Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting PCAnywhere to work with 2 Linksys firewalls - please help :P 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayslearning25

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
CA
I haven't been able to figure this one out yet and I'm not a big router guy. This is the secenario:

XP Pro client with web access via a Linksys BEFW11S4 rev/1.44.2z Dec 13,2002 utilizing cable internet access. All aspects of internet connectivity work. Created a VPN client using the built-in MS VPN client. I'm connecting to a NT4.0 server running RAS behind a BEFSX41 rev/1.44.3 Dec 24,02 firewall. I can connect/authenticate no problems, but when scanning for PCAnywhere hosts or VNC hosts the lists are always blank.

This situation also presents itself at another location. Using the same client computer, I again connect to another NT4.0 server behind BEFSR41/BEFSR11/BEFSRU31 rev/1.40.2 Oct 23,01 (not sure which one, it's just on the password prompt screen for remote admin) and the PCAnywhere and VNC hosts come up blank.

Now here is how I currently get around this, don't feel I should have to but thats why I'm posting this question here :) I physically connect the XP Pro client directly to the cable modem, obtain a live IP address and connect using the VPN connections to the NT4.0 servers. I then preform the same PCAnywhere scan or VNC and the lists are now populated and I can access any system on the LAN.

Does ANYONE know of what might cause this situation when using 2 linksys routers/firewalls??

Your assistance and help is Greatly Appriciated.

AlwaysLearning25

thanks for the info, will research and let you know what I find.

thanks again

AlwaysLearning25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back