Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting OUTLOOK to communicate with exchange 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker40

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2004
US
I Have a WIN200 machine with outlook2000 on it.
MY server is exchange2003. When I go to create a exchange account in outlook I only have [imap] or [pop as options.
How do I create a exchange account? Was there a couple versions of OFFICE out that were not compatable with exchange 2003?

Outlook 2000 will work. You have to create a mailbox on the server level, you cant just start making accounts up.

actually I could explain this better maybe. I have her account on the exchange server. When I go to change her account from the old pop3 account in her OUTLOOK on her PC I should have a option to create a EXCHANGE account. When I did my OUTLOOK on my PC I had the option of creating a[imap][pop3]or [exchange] account. When I go to [tools] [accounts] on her machine I do not get the [create a exchange account] option.
Does this make sense?
Thanks
Dave

There should be an option to reconfigure Outlook for Corporate rather than internet use. This will allow you to add XC server.

right on!!!
that was it!
thanks
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back