Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting one-X iOS app working from outside the office....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvalpreda

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2008
US
First, I am sorry if I am using any of the wrong terminology. Our IPO was set up by 2 different integrators and both are very slow to respond to tickets. That being said......

IPO Version: 10.0.0.1.0 build 53
one-X Portal for IP office Version: 10.0.0.1.0 build 16

Have one-X Portal set up and installed. Have licenses so a few users can connect with the iOS app on their iPhone/iPad and that is working internally. I want to be able to have them connect from outside the office.

I allowed ICMP and opened up 5222, 5269, 8444, and 8080 on the firewall and have a NAT rule and set up onex.ourdomain.com in external and internal DNS. I can port scan and see those ports open and ping the box. DNS resolves correctly internally and externally.

The portal was set up before I did all the firewall and DNS and when I look at the XMPP domain name, it is just the internal IP address. Assume I need to change that to onex.ourdomain.com. Not 100% sure where to change that, but I do see it configured under Configuration - IM/Presence Server. Anything else I need to do? Any other licenses I might need?

Appreciate any help!

You need to change it to domain names, also using certificates and HTTPS is recommended when connecting from the outside,

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I changed the app to DNS name and it works internally. Off wi-fi it will not connect, doesn't even give an error message. Just a red dot where it would normally be green.

I have not changed anything on the portal yet, do I need to change that IP address to a DNS name under Configuration - IM/Presence Server?

If your goal is to be able to make VoIP calls from the One-X client you really need to contect your BP to get this setup properly?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I can make calls now. It works internally. I want to make it work externally.

IPO needs an FQDN in the Voip setting of your IPO of something like ipo.company.co.uk. You need to ensure SIP registrar and remote sip is enabled.
One-x Server needs an FQDN against the presense server of something like onex.company.co.uk.
On the network topology tab ensure you have the public IP address that the FQDNs will resolve to entered.
Internal DNS to resolve to the correct internal IP for each and then external DNS to resolve to the public IP address of the firewall.

Ensure the necessary ports are forwarded through the firewall to the correct internal device (ie IPO or one-x server).

That should be basically it.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back