Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting number of caller into a Split Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneorangeshoe

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2009
US
Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to get the phone number of the person that called into our split/skill queue. Not the phone number of the queue but the phone number of the person making the call.

I looked in call_rec at dialed_digits but the numbers that return seem odd 1002257 is an example. I am trying to get to 555-555-5555

Thanks in advance

do you have a call accounting system?

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

I am not sure what you mean. I am using SQL Workbench and writing sql against the call_rec table. But when I try and find the number of the caller to the queue at the agent level, it seems to only show the VDN the call came in on and not their actual phone number. Is there a way to find the phone number of the caller?

yes a call accounting system

no cms will not give you the callers number, you need a good call accounting system.

In CMS Supervisor, goto Commands, Reports, Other, select Call Records and enter in the date/time criteria.

That report will show you the Calling Party number.

I have code that grabs that report every 5 mins, dumps into SQL and allows the Call Center to search (by agent, number, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back