Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting NO-CPNumber in list trace tac, IP TRUNK CLI problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanebuss

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2004
US
here is the list trace TAC when the definity calls my IPO over an IP TRUNK.

2:56:23 dial 48612 route:UDP|AAR
12:56:23 term trunk-group 3 cid 0x39c5
12:56:23 dial 48612 route:UDP|AAR
12:56:23 route-pattern 10 preference 1 cid 0x39c5
12:56:23 seize trunk-group 3 member 2 cid 0x39c5
12:56:23 Calling Number & Name NO-CPNumber Ghiulsen Meme

So the Definity users dials 48612, and you see it says NO-CPNumber, but does display the name. I dont understand why the CP Number isnt showing up. I'm 99% sure its related to the public-unknown-numbering table, which I thought i had setup properly.
EXT LEN 5
EXT CODE 4 (4 is what definity users dial to call over the IP TRUNK, followed by the 4 digit extension)
CPN Prefix - I've tried populating this, currently its blank.
CPN Len - 4

Any idea why i'm still getting NO-CPNumber on the list trace? Ive verified send name and number are turned on for the extensions, can't figure it out.

thanks

look at the incoming-call-handling-treatment for the trunk
there 5 settings I believe
cpn-pref, cpn-only, bn-pref, bn-only, and none

it may be set to cpn-only, so it will only display name and not billing number....

the definity side is the outgoing side that isnt including the number.... i displayed the call handling for the IP trunk and it is blank, but it shouldnt matter since that's the outside right?

on the IPO side (incoming) i dont have this option of course...

the cpn prefix is what is sent out..
also ext code.. ours is 5, due to all extensions start with 5, I also have my did set to out pulse for my extension, so for that one item I put in the full 4 digit extension, and then the 10 digit # I want on the caller ID...

here is a copy of mine..

display public-unknown-numbering 1 Page 1 of 2
NUMBERING - PUBLIC/UNKNOWN FORMAT
Total Total
Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len

4 5 2 4138218900 10
4 5 3 4138218900 10

so ext len is the number of digits for your extension, ext code is the extension diale from.. either the whole extension, or the first digits, and the prefix is the caller ID you want to outpulse from the system, and length is the number of digits to outpulse...

oh, one more thing,, the trunk group is the out bound trunk that you want this to apply to...
I had to put in the entry 2 times, one for the local outbound trunk (2), and one for our LD outbound trunk (3)...

Here is how mine is setup

EXT LEN 5
EXT CODE 4 (4 is what definity users dial to call over the IP TRUNK, followed by the 4 digit extension)
CPN Prefix - I've tried populating this, currently its blank.
CPN Len - 4

So for example, when someone calls me from the definity side, they dial 48612
The length is 5, the code is 4, the ip TRUNK is 3, ive tried leaving prefix blank and putting numbers in, and i set CPN LEN to 4, because i only want their extensions to display, i can set this to 10, dont think it will change anything

do you see anything wrong with what i have?

what is the ext the user is dialing from?
lets say it was 7001
then ext len would be 4, ext code would be 7, trunk would be 3, prefix would be 7001 and length would be 4

oops,, sorry,,,
if you want a one to one mapping, then ext code would be 7001, and prefix would be 7001
if you put in 7 for ext code, and 7001 for prefix, then all calls from any extension starting with 7 would display 7001...

the way yours is setup now, would be any call from a 5 digit extension starting with 4 would display the prefix you put in (that you have blank right now, so it would not send anything)

i thought it meant any call TO a 5 digit extension starting with 4... which is what im doing... 9012 in definity dials 8612 in IPO... line code is 4 so they dial 48612

so you're saying the entry needs to list 9, not 4

correct...
but if you want 9012 to be sent as id to 8612 then it would be
ext code = 9012, trunk =3 , prefix = 9012, len = 4

if you only put in 9 for code, and then 9012 as prefix, then all calls from any ext starting with 9 would send 9012, so you would need to make an entry for each ext.

this is working now! thanks for your help.

My last question is, how do i get the name to display too?

on the IPO side i get the 4 digit extension, but not the name... maybe its not possible to do both

I had the same results when someone from my office request ANI show up on when one of our toll free numbers was dialed and directed in our call center. I just had to place an order with our LD carrier to pass CPN. Turns out they were not passing it on the LD trunk group. They haven't completed it yet and said it would be service affecting and I would have to make changed to my PBX to allow it to pass through. I don't know what all those settings are but maybe you should ask your carrier if they are passing ANI or CPN on that trunk group or circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back