Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting [IMAGE] instead of pictures - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrblond

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2002
GB
In my organisation we use Domino version 5 and Notes client v5. When we recieve external e-mails we get [IMAGE] instead of the images that we should see as part of the e-mail. Why is this?

check under prefs and make sure that they have all java and http stuff checked off under user prefs

the organization i provide support for also has this issue.....most likely, this will be a setting on the server level, NOT on the client side...

I got the same problems but now had been solved.

Pls. go to public address book, open the user profile, go to second page "Mail" and edit the "Format preference for incoming email" to "No Preference".

Gemini

Are you running Norton Antivirus. If so go to their website and have a look. From memory you need version 2.01 and up because the earlier versions when scanning will change the format of the email back. Not sure what other antivirus programs do. Took me a while to find this.

[pipe]
Kenny

Thank you Gemini , That fixed a problem i have been putting up with for 5 years now :)

Thank you, Gemini.
I am in the same situation as Pleadian (5 years with the problem). And it's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back