Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting error: Cannot open file f:/peachw/rptdatai.dat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunrosa

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2003
US
We've been using Peachtree Complete 8.0 for several months now. It's installed on a Novell 4.x network, and accessed from Win9x and Win2K workstations. No major problems until now. For some reason, only one user is now able to access the General Ledger reports. Everyone else who tries to gets the error message pasted above. I don't know of any major or minor changes to the network, user rights, etc. in the past few weeks. I searched Peachtree's support info online; no answers there.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Gwen

Have you tried copying the data to a safe location, restoring a backup from the day before this started happening, and seeing if you still have the same problem? Of course, you'll have to wait till your users are not in peachtree before you can start this.

Also, does that file even exist in your data path? If it does, copy it, then maybe restore just that one file. If not, then maybe you just need to restore that one file.

Matt J.

Interestingly, the file is NOT in the path on the network, but it does exist on the individual PC's. The network path had a rptdatai.lck file, which I expect is a locked version of the file. I wasn't sure it was a good idea to copy the one I found up to the server path.

I have no idea what state the backup is in. I didn't set any of it up, and I don't manage it. We've been talking about testing it, just haven't gotten around to it.

We did some testing - doesn't seem to matter who logs in first - only one particular PC can get to the General Ledger reports. Nothing has changed about that PC. Doesn't seem to have naything to do with the user - just that particular PC. And they're telling me it began when I installed Peachtree on the last machine, an updated PC that I set up a few months ago, and just never got around to installing Peachtree until a few weeks ago. He's the only Win 2K PC in the group.

Gwen

The file needs to be in the datapath and from the error message I would say the datapath for Peachtree is F:\peachw
Since the file is on the local machines, it sounds like it is not longer setup correctly.

Check out Peachtrees website for info about installing on a network or call there tech support, they can give you the info on how to correct it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back