Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting DNIS as DTMF-digits for an analogue IVR system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinyL

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2007
GB
Hello,

Newbie here!! (And no Meridian expert either!). I hope you can help.

We have a 32 port analogue IVR system that is connected via 32 analogue extensions (it pretends to be 32 analogue-set ACD agents and logs-in using an agent-id at start-up). It currently gets calls from just one public number and simply answers ringing and begins to "speak" and do its stuff.

It is now required to have it answer with different announcements depending on the public number dialled by the caller (DNIS?).

What we need from the Meridian (CC6?) is the DNIS information sent as DTMF digits when an IVR port (analogue extension) answers.

Could you suggest how we achieve this - for a non-expert, with almost no-budget for the task!

Many Thanks

TinyL

We use Meridian Link or Symposium Link or whatever it's called now. I'm not sure on the specifics but the first step is to see if your IVR supports it or not.

We had a periphonics ivr and used the same method guycable2 stated. Worked okay, with the IVR behind the switch.

You can also take a PRI directly into the IVR frontend if it can support it.

No native support for Meridian Link available on this IVR I'm afraid.

I really do need to find a way of getting in-band DTMF signalling working.

Does anyone have any ideas about hwo to achieve this?

Look at In-bank ANI in the Features guide. We had to use this once with an older IVR product.

John

You may be able to utilize a Analog CLASS card for the ANI info.?

However, if he has no budget for this...

Assuming that he doesn't already have class modem cards in the switch, an upgrade for them will run about $20k.

No modem cards I'm afraid - b u t . . . .

It turns out that there may be a small budget for this project.

Sooooo - assuming in-band dtmf isn't possible, we can get the IVR developer to handle some kind of DNIS data.

Does anyone then know of a nice and easy solution to getting the DNIS info out of the switch, without buying very expensive licences or expensive software.

What your asking is NOT simple or inexpensive, major changes to IVR applications and to the way the PBX interfaces with the IVR.
Find a Vender with experience with both the PBX and IVR’s bring them in for a show and tell and let them do the RFP work, get a ball park figure as to the money and go from there.

So that's a 'No' then!

... or is there a way?

Use FAXS D as a FTR on the analouge port programming. This will pass the original DNIS across upon answer. One limitation, DO NOT have the ports configured as agents (it does cause system issues and FAXS is not supported for agents) - this limitation might stuff up any requirement for reporting via CC6, etc.
Additionally, in high calling rate environments, you might have to add more TDS resources as these are used to provide the DTMF tones.

Thanks for that idea.

Sadly, all the ports on this system are configured as analogue agents. I'm hoping maybe we can find a way round that so we can use your idea.

I guess from what you write that you have actually used this method? Could you just confirm that you have actually tried this method?

Tiny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back