Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting data from multiple tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizLink

Technical User
Jan 28, 2003
US
Dear Friends.....I'm new here and also new to MS Access 2000.

I've built a database...the primary reason for this data base is to pull records. I don't even need to create queiries....I can get the data I want by simply creating advanced filter/sorts.

However....that only seems to work on one table at a time....is there a way to create advance filters/sorts for multiple tables at once?

Look forward to your reply.....

Yes - but you have to define realtionships between the various tables, and preferably make sure that the tables are correctly designed.

Once you've got relationships sorted out, simply put two or more tables in the query grid, select the fields you need and your data wil appear in a single trable.

Thank you...I was thinking that was the way to do it...it's just easier to ask someone who knows.

I prefer to run these filters in form view. I can see how you can use the relationship scenario for datasheet view, but how would you do it in form view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back