Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Connected To Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganusha

Programmer
May 1, 2002
US
i just installed personal oracle and i'm not able to open sql*plus.It is prompting for a username,password and a host string and i'm not able to find the correct combination.Can u tell me where can i find them.

Until you sort out your own db, use the default usernames/passwords.

scott/tiger
system/manager
sys/change_on_install
internal/oracle
demo/demo

Naith

You should not need to enter a host string. By default it should connect to the instance on your PC.

i did try all the given combi of username and password,but sql*plus does not open.It keeps giving me the following error.

ERROR: ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

Please Help.

Ganusha

By default when you install the Personnel Oracle, it will start running as a service in your Win2k or WinNT. Check up the service name it will be either ORCL (it is also the SID for your (ONLY ONE) oracle database).

Or you may give try with LOCAL as the host string.

Please let me know if it works, so that I can also confirm this in future.

Thanks
Ganesh

here is the meaning of your error message:

ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed

Cause: This message occurs usually because the Net8 driver is not loaded into memory or there is a mismatch of the version of the driver. A user program linked with an obsolete library may also cause this message. Only programs provided by Oracle Corporation should use this interface.

Action: If the message occurred during use of a program provided by Oracle Corporation, contact customer support. If a user program caused the message, relink the program with current versions of the Oracle libraries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back