Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting configs onto a word doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathersuzanne

Technical User
Jan 8, 2007
US
Hi All,

I'm working on a project for my boss - he wants to know if there's any way of getting the complete PBX config file copied to word or excel or something. Is this possible? Thanks!!

you can copy & paste the screens you need via a terminal emulator

Do you have ASA? If yes, you can use the export tools to dump most/all of the translations into an excel file.

**The question may not be the technology, but the competency of the support people.**

I think he wants to see the code. I asked him if I can just print screens and that's not what he's lookig for. Any other ideas? Thanks :)

I do have ASA. How would I dump the code into a file in one swoop? Or do I have to runndifferent commands? Thanks.

Go to and download the Call Flow Extract. They have a 10 day trial so you could download just about everything you need and give it to your boss.

There is a utility called DocIt in this bundle that will download almost your entire PBX into an html file and a text file.

Good luck.

Check out - great product; free trial available.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

Which are you after: the code(program) of CM or are you after the translations (station/trunk/vector) information?

**The question may not be the technology, but the competency of the support people.**

Hi,

Thanks everyone. kkumpula - its really more the code I'm after.

I like this utility though - I'm going to look at that more too...

Heather

the "code" isn't of any use in excel or word. are you just referring to an off site backup? there are tapes, pcmcia cards or ftp backup for that depending on your version

-CL

Hi,

What we are using it for is for a presentation. Basically we are trying to show ALL PBX configurations (I am assuming that they are in some sort of coded format somewhere in the system). We dont need to be able to read it, we are trying to show the complexity behind it. If I'm wrong and there is not way to get a coded version of all pbx configs let me know. Thanks!! I really appreciate all the responses on this one.

Code:
<html>
  <head>
    <title>Page</title>
  </head>
  <body>
                                      STATIONS

Port/    Name/                       Room/         Cv1/ COR/    Cable/
Ext      Type     Hunt-to             Move    Data Ext      Cv2  COS     Jack

00       X        Chase Operator                            147  55
         7410+                        no                         1
02       02C2002  Jerry Modem                                    7