Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting CDR ? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsGrace

MIS
Jul 31, 2001
US
We are in the process of implementing a telecom management system and I need some help with outputting CDR info.

I have a pc with a working 8400b data module on com1.
My trunk groups all have CDR Report to y. (Maybe this should be r - ring?)
I completed the settings for ch system-parameters cdr. I have the primary output endpoint set to my data mod extension... but there is no secondary output endpoint.
How do I get the records to start going to that data mod?

The data mod is attached through hyperterminal. I get a J@ sign when the hyperterminal session is open and I think it sees the switch.
Tests are all passed, I did 'test cdr pri', 'bu cdr pri' and 'rel cdr pri'.

The vendor indicated that "once cdr is set up, we should see the raw call data scrolling on the screen in hyperterminal"... but nothing. His application does not poll the switch, it runs all the time and collects real time data that I am sending to the pc through com1 and the data module.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
MsGrace
Annapolis, MD

Check your trunks and make sure that on page 1 you have CDR Reports marked "Y".

1. Check settings in HyperTerminal. Must be 9600-8-N-1, no flow control.
2. In HyperTerminal do the following commands: ats0=1, at&w.

You people are AWESOME!!!
These simple commands started the cdr output to the pc.
I am getting the incoming calls, and outgoing when the person presses 9 for local dial tone.

I am now working on the intra-switch calls. These cdr's are not appearing.
When the caller picks up the phone, they are getting dialtone from a TIE trunk that goes to a 5Ess on the campus.

If they call room to room, dialing 1xxxx (student extensions)the cd record does not appear.

If they dial an extension that starts with 3xxxx (faculty/staff extensions), the cd record appears... if they get an incoming call from a 3xxxx extension, the cd record appears.
Any hints to get these calls (1xxxx to 1xxxx) to generate cdr's...
Thanks again for any assistance.

Regards,
MsGrace

I honestly cannot think of any scenario that would explain your situation. My gut reaction would be to say call-accounting software, but you are looking at raw data off the switch.

I hate to ask such a silly question, but it will give me peace of mind.. all the extension that your are speaking of are on the same swtich, corret?

Try adding the extensions that you want to have reports on into the "intra-switch CDR" pages ("ch intra"). I think the Definity then begins to send data on internal calls for the listed extensions. [I'd start with a couple of extensions - just to check if it works :eek:)]

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback randyb19....

Unfortunatley, the 3xxxx extensions reside on the 5Ess and NOT on the G3r.
The only ringing phone extensions (stations) on the G3r are extensions that start with 1xxxx. (I have voice accounts that do not have a port assignment... i do not expect to see these extensions in cd records)

I seem to be getting internal calls to and from the 3xxxx extensions.

There is a field on the trunk group form, page 2... Incoming Tone (DTMF) ANI... value is set to n. Choices are *ANI*DNIS* or ANI*DNIS*
Would this effect passing of digits?

Thanks... Grace

ps - no question is ever silly.

The ch intra is the ticket!!!
I have 1800 phones. Can I import this data for all of my extensions? and can this number be increased from 5000?

Y'All are fantastic!!!!

Regards,
Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back