Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting CDR from a Nortel Option 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjanzen

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2009
CA
I recently joined an organization that has an Nortel CS1000 Option 81, but due to recent staffing changes, no one currently knows how to get CDR info from the system. My background is more in networking, but I have worked on Cisco VoIP systems before. I was able to establish an ODBC connection to the Symposium database, but I was also expecting to connect to a "CDR database" on the Nortel phone switch, similar to how Cisco does it. Apparently, the CS1000 doesn't work like that.

From what I have gathered, the CDR comes out in a raw comma-delimited file. I can parse the file after the fact, but how do I first get the file?

Thanks in advance.

Where/how do I run those commands? Where does the output end up? Is there any risk of messing things up?

I did find the terminal and the OVL111 00 IDLE prompt did appear, but I am reluctant to start entering commands before knowing what to expect (I really don't want to mess things up). Does the output just appear on the screen, or can it be sent to a storage media? How much will there be?

You need to call a qualified technician to do this for you. I would take less than an hour to get this set up if it is not already turned on.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back