Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting calls OFF the Meridian without tyign up PRIs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb77454

Programmer
Jun 6, 2017
US
Hi,
Have a customer with a CS100/Meridian. Not sure what version. But we are trying to Route out and/or overflow calls based on a certain threshold, such no avail reps, calls in queue, etc... we have test dialing an 8YY off the acd BUT it seems to tie up both legs of the call for the entire duration of the second leg(transferred leg). How do I get the ACD to disconnect the ACD call once the call has been answered by my IP platform. I need the PRI to be released so another all can come in. I do understand adding PRIs would be the operative, lol. But there should be a way to NOT tie up inbound & outbound lines for the entire duration of the call.

That was an old feature. I think it was called Release Line Trunking. It was offered on a Carrier switch that had the DMS Sprint load, but not available on the CS1K.

The idea is to have a call come in, and it will overflow out the PBX to another location, or another system via a Carrier trunk or a Tie Trunk or a SIP trunk.

The problem is if you disconnect the first leg of the call CARRIER>>PBX then the second leg of the call will be dropped as well. That is one whole call ID so I don't know if you can transfer out a call and the originating incoming call remain intact, without the Sprint Load on the DMS Carrier system.

With SIP trunks you can REFER to another SIP trunk, but with PSTN I think you are locked until the entire call is torn down.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Ok so i think transfer connect would solve this issue. Is there anyway to do a *8 off the Meridian/CS1000 with the routing telescript/vec tor, whatever is called :) i have heard that the * acts as a space or dash... on the ACD? is there anyway to use this provisioning to make this work?

pb77454

Sounds like you are hosting a contact centre type application for a client who is behind a CS1000.
Adding PRI's does not solve anything except additional cost to your client.
Worked with Release trunks when I was with DND. Worked great for a xcountry centralised attendant service- doubt it is an option for your scenario.

Why dont you have your customer advertise or publish the Contact Centre DID that is hosted by you. Basically the same number that the customer uses or forwards to your service when accessed within their CS1000 system. Should be a win win no cost to your customer. Not perfect but it will work.

If this method is utilized, when an agent behind the CS1000 is available the PSTN call from your CC will only take up one PRI trunk at the customers end. Otherwise if the original PSTN call enters your customers CS1000 via a PRI and then is routed out via an ACD, attendant transfer or some other method this call is probably consuming 2 to 3 trunks for a single call. One in, one out to the hosted cc service and one back in when an agent is available.

Only a thought.....

TGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back