Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting busy signal before dialing is completed - ARS setting??

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroamy

Technical User
Dec 8, 2014
US
For some reason, we're having a problem dialing to a number starting with 1-855-219-xxxx. I have the 855 listed in the ars table for our area code table, but once we get to the "9", we get a busy signal and have no clue where/why it's stopping us. There is no restriction on the extension being used to place the call. I'm happy to provide any further info as needed. Any help is greatly appreciated!
It's a Merlin Messaging 4.0 system.

Thank you!

Are you using POTs or PRI?

If using POTS try assigning a trunk to a test phone and bypass ARS or simply dial CRAFTR4 + Line Number e.g = CRAFTRR01 for line 1, then try to dial out.

If using PRI Trunks check your PRI Table 5 and make sure that you are NOT deleting 1

If you are getting a busy as soon as you dial 9, it is restricted. There are multiple places on the legend/magix where a restriction can occur. Under extensions, obviously restriction needs to be set to unrestricted. The next page of extension has ARS restriction. Make sure that is not 0,1,or 2. Set it to 3. You can also check forced account code entry to make sure the extension does not have a forced account code set. My guess it is the ars restriction because it is going busy as soon as you press 9 (and you said you unrestricted the extension under outbound restriction).

If all those are set properly, check your disallowed lists to make sure that extension is not assigned.

Hi - thanks for the info. It doesn't go busy after I hit "9" to start the outbound call. It specifically goes busy after I press, 9-1-855-219 - before I can get to the last four digits.

Oh, when you said when I get to the 9 I thought you meant the 9 for an outside line. That being the case your extension is set to "local only" under outbound restrictions. That allows up to 7 digits to be dialed, but not 10 as any long distance number requires.

It's not a restriction on the phone as it only happens with this number, and it happens with this number on every phone in our office, yet we can call toll free, locally, and across the country toll calls to other numbers with absolutely no problem.
Thanks for any help anyone can think of.

So, again, POTS or PRI? Can you post a print of your ARS and your Trunks/General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back