Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting back on track...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyforhire

Technical User
Mar 11, 2008
US
A few months ago i took my ccent and got a 791 :( I took a few months off but now i'm ready to start hitting it hard.

I picked up the 31 days until your ccent test, also i picked up the Cisco IOS CookBook 2nd edition. So starting today it's on like Donkey Cong! Look forward to being back on Tek-Tips!

Burt,

Paul above says he is doing it with IOS version12.2(46a).

You said -
"Basically, if you can make the ethernet interface full duplex...

router(config-if)#dupl full

then you should be good..."

I was running 12.1(10)for years with the 2611/10's and as a rule the students setup full-duplex on ALL the Ethernet interfaces.

I know I could NOT setup sub-interfaces on the Ethernet ports - I tried because I needed a "router-on-a-stick" arrangement for 6 VLAN's in a Microsoft lab - used 3 2611 routers connected by serial interfaces and each router had an Ethernet port connected to 1 of the 6 VLAN's, it worked but would have been much easier and cheaper with 1 router :)

When you get all unpacked and have a chance - post what you have to go with what Paul posted!

I thought it was 12.2 Plus and above!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

You need IP Plus to set dot1q on the subinterfaces no matter what. I will check when I get ih this morning---I have a 2610 with 11.x on it!

Burt

Hi Burtsbees,

Finally I upgraded my 2610 to IP plus image as C2600-is-mz-121-7.bin and router on a stick works like a charm .

Thanks,

The image I had for te 2611 I did it to was 12.4 anyway, IP Plus, I believe...were you just wondering where roas was possible, starting with what version (my English is not very good...and I was born here in the USA...go finger...).

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back