Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting around 31 max with HUNT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanEOD

Programmer
Jan 11, 2008
US
I have 136 ports that I need to "HUNT" to each other, I tried using the HUNT feature at first, and after a lot of troubleshooting finally found out there is a 31 max there. What is the max in creating a HUNT GROUP with the below instructions? Could I add all 136 ports? If I can't is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

(I did copy these from another post here, but figured it wasn't worth it to reinvent the wheel and that thread was locked)

HUNT GROUP
To create Hunt Groups you need to use LD18 to store the extensions in the Group Hunt List and LD57, which assigns the Pilot DN to the Group Hunt List.

LD 18
REQ NEW
TYPE GHT
CUST 0
LSNO (Next List Number)
DNSZ (Directory Number Size)
SIZE (Size of list, How many entries)
STOR 00 XXXX (XXXX = Directory Number)
WRT (C/R)
STOR 01 XXXX (XXXX = Directory Number)

Continue with store entries until list completed.

Attaching a Pilot DN (PLDN) to the list number LD 57

REQ CHG
TYPE FFC
CUST 0
CODE PLDN
PLDN (Pilot Directory Number, which must be a unique number on the Meridian)
USE GPHT (Group Hunting)
LSNO List number created in LD 18)
HTYP (RRB=Round Robin, LIN = Linear)
CFWI (NO = Skip Extn if CFW Activated
YES = Terminate on Extn if CFW Activated)
MQUE (ALL = No limit on queued Calls
0 = No calls to be queued
1 = Maximum of 1 call queued)

Check out my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn.

That is the Maximum you can set up. What are you trying to accomplish with this, if all 136 phones were in the hunt group it would take a call hours to get around them all and would surely start blocking all your lines with people waiting to be answered. If you can give us a better description of what you need to do, we might be able to give you a better solution.

I have servers that are connected via Dialogic Cards to the CS1000. It is for a 3rd party ACD system. I want callers to come in and possibly stack up 136 on the system and it to keep hunting to the next one if the current one is busy. So, I want the function of the HUNT but I want to go higher that 31 total lines. There are a pool of agents connected to the system and the ACD farms out the calls to the agents, so while yes you could sit hours, that is a staffing problem. On a 2100 I accomplish this with Hunt groups that LOD to each other to make a massive hunt group comprised of a few smaller hunt groups but the LOD's move them between each group. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to achieve something like this on the CS1000. Thanks!

All - I found my answers here - thread798-1307493

Thanks GHTROUT!!!!

You can send close to the last DN to a dummy acd que and night call forward it to the next DN in the range and that will accomplish getting around the limitation.

@KCFLHRC, that is exactly what I did;

Hunt 1 - 30, then 30 HUNT'ed to a ACDN, which NCFW to port 31 then HUNT straight through to 60, then kicked to an ACDN that was NCFW to 61, HUNT'ed to 90, which went to an ACDN that NCFW to 91, HUNT'ed to 120 which kicked to an ACDN with a NCFW to 121, and then HUNT'ed the rest of the way!

Thank you to everyone, without this site I'd be lost all the time, instead of just half the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back