Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting an Open Dialog when running from Mapped Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOmega

Programmer
Sep 17, 2004
US
One of our users is getting an Open Dialog much like the one you get when you click on a Hyperlink on a web page, every time he runs our executables from his mapped drive. I am a programmer and do not know much about Networking, can any one tell me why this is happening?

They would like to fix and they are on a Univeristy WAN which is administered my a number if CNEs. Not too many people complain about this because they usally run the exes on their C: drives but in our case we like to leave the exes on the server so that and update can be done easally.

Any help would be appriciated...

Jim Flagg
Jim@Eventsoft.com

When you click on a hyperlink on a web page you go to the next web page - which dialog do you mean? Is this in a domain or peer to peer/workgroup?

Do you mean the user is being asked for a userid and password? The only time I've ever seen an "open" dialog on a website is if it's secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back