Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Aloha out of redundancy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifesabuzz

Technical User
Apr 5, 2008
US
I'm running Aloha 6.1.15. Over the weekend (midnight on Saturday, of course) our terminals went down. They were immediately put into redundancy. Afterward, I attempted to pull them out by using the Alt-X and then interpret the codes. This has worked for me numerous times without fail, but for some reason, not now. I'm out of contract with Aloha and refuse to pay $100 for someone else to press a few buttons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The alt x is just a "God-mode" login

To pull the system out of redundancy, Login to Aloha Manager, Go to Utilities --> fileserver recovery. Works most of the time. If it doesn't, you can manually pull it out of redundancy but it is a little more involved. You also need to check the terminal for the subdated folders that are on the master terminal. (ex. 20101030 )
And also check the master terminal EDC folder for any SPL files. Those will be credit card transactions that were "spooled" while the system was in redundancy.

Are you having problems logging into Alohamgr? Try using a manager level user number as the login, it may prompt you to enter a new password.

Once logged into Alohamgr you can try to do a file server recovery. It is likely that the issue that caused the system to go down has not been resolved.

There are a lot of things to check,

CTLSVR service needs to be started
the Aloha Drive needs to be shared as BOOTDRV
You need to be able to write to the BOOTDRV from the terminals

Those are the main issues I experience. It seems odd that it just went down mid day like that. I assume you have restarted your File server.

As shermangfn said you will need to Copy over dated subs from the master terminal. It is likely that EDC has been working this whole time and You may not find any SPL files.

Did something happen that the "God-mode" login doesn't work anymore?

As well, I don't have fileserver recovery as one of my options under Utilities. Is there a way to get it there or to access it in another way?

The alt x login was taken out in versions 6.4 and higher. There is a way to disable it in lower versions. (You are not PCI compliant if you have the alt x login working)

If the alt x is not working, look in the BIN folder in your ALoha folder on the fileserver. Look for a file named Iberexe.dll
This is a marker file that disables the alt x login. jsut cut and paste to the desktop. then try it. make sure you cut and paste it back into the BIN folder when you are done.(PCI Compliancy)

While you are logged in under "GOD mode", give yourself access to everything in Labor ---> Backoffice Security Levels for whatever level your user has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back