Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting all data to show

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmetz

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
US
I want to have all my routes show on the report
and then have the ones with delivery times
to have the delivery information show.
How do I get that to work?
When I run the report it only will display
the routes with delivery information.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

This is what it looks like now:

Route Customer Id Delivery Date Delivery Time
NCC123 1234 10/02/02 13:00

What I would like is for the report to show all the routes
and then fill in the information that pertains to it.

NCC123
NCC456 5465 10/02/02 15:00
NCC789
NCC010 5633 10/02/02 15:30

I hope this gives you more detail.

Thanks

If you want to suppress some fields if there is NOT a delivery date, right click the field and select format field->X-2 next to the suppress.

Place something like:

If not(isnull({MyTable.DeliveryDate}))
and
({MyTable.DeliveryDate}) > currentdate-20000 then
{MyTable.CustomerID} // do this for each field

The second part is only a sanity check, some date fields have default values of 1900, etc., you may not need this.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

It is not that I want to supress any information, I want to display all the routes and then have the delivery information filled in. If there is no delivery information I still want the route to show up on the report and the delivery information would just be blank.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

CMetz,

It sounds as if you have a couple of tables here; Routes and Delivery. What you've done - (and put me in my place if I've gone and assumed wrong) - is made an equal join between the two tables. What you actually want to do is make a Left Outer join from the Routes table to the Delivery table.

This will return all data from the Routes table, regardless of whether or not there is any delivery information for the corresponding route.

Obviously, you want to ensure that there isn't any detail in your selection criteria which is making the return of these additional records impossible too.

All the best with your report,

Naith

You are correct that I have two tables, thanks so much for the help. I will let you know the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back