Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting access data to the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTM

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
US
i have an internal database that I can use to get data i want the world to see. The data does not need to be updated more than daily. so the data does not have to go to the web as soon as it is entered.

If i use data access pages it wants me to supply my Access2000 password. Do you need access2000 to view data access pages? if so that that would be bad. is there a work around? Is there a better way than this.

If i use reports the formatting is spartan- i think I can get around that but it is not the preferred solution.

larry

i am having trouble getting it to look "pretty" any suggestions. the biggest problem is that the columns are not coming out straight when i view the HTML in my browser

larry

In VBA, use OutputTo, i.e.

Code:
DoCmd.OutputTo acQuery, "qryYourQueryNameHere", "HTML(*.html)", "c:\temp\destination.html", False, "c:\temp\html_template.html"

This lets you specify a template and stick the contents of your query into a new (destination) web page based on that template. And your columns will line up! [pc2]

thanks mp9

this will work, though for future reference the "HTML(*.html)", is replaced with acFormatHTML in my access 2002

larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back