Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting a script to ring a phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

farley99

MIS
Feb 12, 2003
US
How do i get a script to ring a phone for example, i ordered something online an they automatically called me......
Placing Call
Please disconnect from the internet now, but keep this wondow open.

We will call you in a few seconds. Please enter the following Confirmation Code into your phone when prompted.

Confirmation Code: 4884 #

Upon completion of the call, please reconnect to the internet, and click "Continue" to see your authentication results.
Placing call
When the phone rings, you must say something to activate the automated telephone system. The system responds with:
Hello. This is your requested automated telephone call. If you are expecting this call press #, otherwise please hang up. Once the # key is pressed, the phone system responds with:
Please enter the confirmation number displayed on your computer screen using your telephone keypad, and then press #. At this point, you will enter the Confirmation code displayed above and then press the # key on your telephone keypad. The phone system responds with:
For security purposes, we will now take a voice recording. After the tone, please state your full name, then press #. Please speak clearly into the phone and say your name. Once you speak your name and press the # key, the system confirms your successful authentication and responds with:
Congratulations, you have completed the telephone registration process. Please see your computer screen for more information. Goodbye.

you ordered an SSL certificate from FreeSSL.com, didn't you?

ChrisP

You could do this if you wrote a program that used your modem. Many modems support more than just data connections, you know. So I suppose you'd have to have the RIGHT modem for the job, but if you did it'd be pretty simple to write a program that would play a recording over the phone line, wait for a specific frequency, and then play another, record something, etc.

--------
It is an honor to recieve an honest reply. (Prov 24:26)

I'd take a look at the Asterisk PBX on freshmeat.net and not fuc& around with this - it can offer some menu driven responses via IVR. You could give the purchaser a phone number and a code to enter. Then they could enter the response code to the web page.
This is hypothetical, but I'm just encouraging you to benefit from the hard work of others in this area.

Definitly sounds like Asterisk to me. The Asterisk PBX will let you generate a call file that will automaticall connect two legs of a call. We use it for all sorts of applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back