Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting a Report on a Crystal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crider

Programmer
Aug 4, 2003
US
I've been working on forms in Crystal where I'm using a lot of sub-reports and formulas. As a result, I was wondering if there was anything within Crystal, or some other utility where I can generate a report of everything used in a crystal report. Things such, all formulas and their code, all stored procs, tables, commands being used, all fields being used and even indicating those that aren't being used (for cleanup purposes). Basically a report that reports on the internals that make up a given Crystal Report. I'm using Crystal 9.0.

Thank you

A simple solution to this would be to run your report and then export using the report definition format. This will write the report to a txt file and will show you the internal makeup of the report. It may not contain everything that you listed, but it will be really close to what you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply. That pretty much gives me most of what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back