Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting a Canon Image Runner 3235i to connect to global address book 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbritton18

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2007
CA
I am trying to get a canon image runner 3235i to connect to our exchange 2003 global address book. I keep getting an error saying I am unable to connect. The photocopier has a user account and mailbox in active directory. I just do not know what to do. Your help is much appreciated.

is your ip/netmask/gateway /DNS all correct? Is the copier using a FQDN to connect to mail or by IP?

Does it have a section to enter LDAP Server information?
If so, what are the current settings?

Scott

I fixed the LDAP settings to connect to my domain controller and everything is now working. Thanks for everyones help.

Star for scottew

Hi
I am having the same issue. is it possible to explain how you solved this problem?
We have a canon ImageRunner iR3245 and Exchange 2007.
The options dor LDAP on the canon are:

Server Name :
Server Address :
Location to Start Search :
Use SSL (this is a checkbox)
Port Number : (1-65535) default is 389
Max Number of Addresses to Search : (1- 2000) default is 100
Search Timeout : seconds (30-300) default is 60
Login Information :
User :
Password :
Domain Name :
Display Certification Dialog at Searching
Server LDAP Version and Character Code (This is a pulldown where the default is Version 3 UTF-8

Thanks a lot.
FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back