Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GetSaveAsFilename appears behind main window

Status
Not open for further replies.

asrisk

MIS
Nov 27, 2003
GB
Hello

I have a macro that saves Outlook emails to a specified folder on disk. Because Outlook lacks a GetSaveAsFilename method, I'm using Excel's, as follows:
Code:
c = Excel.Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:=txtCompoundFilename, fileFilter:="Outlook Message (*.msg), *.msg", Title:="Select save location")
This is fine under Windows XP and Office 2003, but under Windows 7 and Office 2010, the dialog box appears *behind* the Outlook window, and, because it is modal, gives the appearance that Outlook has frozen. Any ideas how can I make it come up on top, please?

Many thanks.

-------
The joke cannot be found
[sup]The funny quote you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.[/sup]

You could use api to create the dialog. Rather old reference to commondialog class code: thread707-62310.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back