Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getfile()

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangrilla

Programmer
Nov 21, 2001
US
Hi:

I am using the getfile() to select a file from a location. How can I select mulitple files from that location? I cannot select mutiple files by pressing the CTRL key. I want to put these files in a array or something like it and load them one at a time.

shangrilla

GETFILE() will only return a single path\filename.

One way would be to use Windows Explorer and use OLE Drag and Drop onto the VFP control.

In the .OLEDragDrop event of the control you can then filter out unwanted filenames.

Alternatively you could populate a listbox, combobox or a multiselect grid using ADIR(), and use such a control as the source for your filenames

HTH

Chris :)

shangrilla

Beware typos - apologies

Alternatively you could populate a listbox, or a multiselect grid using ADIR(), and use such a control as the source for your filenames

Chris:)

It seems to me there's a control either as part of windows/foxpro or downloadable from the UT which mimics the thing you find in the view designer, for instance which lets you select whatever you want out of a list of fields. Dave Dardinger

shangrilla-

Have you looked at the Foundation Classes/User Controls-
Table Mover, File Mover, Sort Mover, Super Mover from the Component Gallery?

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back