Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get your thinking caps on!!! Try this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
Environment:
BCM to Meridian 81 (via PRI) to the PSTN.

BCM to Meridian can dial 4 digit between the two sites.

All outbound traffic from BCM goes through the Meridian and out the Meridian PRI's (local and long distance).

Problem:
6470 on the BCM makes an outgoing call (local call or long distance). Call comes over the TIE line and the call connects. BUT - The call does not register in the CDR.

I get the ORIGINATING ID as the 00123(which is route 1 member 23 - the tag for the trunk) and the TERM ID as 002001 (which is route 2 member 1 - the tag for the trunk). I also get the number that was called, but I DON'T get the Calling Party ID (6470) from the BCM, even though it comes over on the DCH Messaging.

any ideas?

I am thinking this is a function of the CDR output, but am looking for some help on this one.

Is this only on 6470? Do you get the caller ID when calling from BCM to a Meridian phone? Have you check the RDB for the CDR settings?

Yes, I get all the CLID on the phone sets when they call. This problem occurs on all BCM's that we have networked with the PBX. All the CDR inputs have been entered.

I get all the information on the DCH messaging, it's just not showing up on the CDR reports, meaning, the information is there, it just looks like the CDR function is not collecting it.

john

Have you checked the designation of the originating tie call, usually a tieline call is set as internal not external incoming to the 81. Internal CDR is off by default.

i think CLID in CDR was enhancement to the old cDR feature. There is a prompt of CDR in LD 17,
Go to Ld 17, req change
type PARM
and change the prompt to New.
and changes the CLID prompt to yes

hope it helps

just my 2 cents
Regards
panky

Janaya, I can remember a network of option 11c's with the same problem. It turned out that the CDR record is working correctly because the call from 6470 is an outgoing call from the BCM through the 81 so it is a transit call (trunk to trunk). The BCM CDR record should show the outgoing call, (digits to trunk,trunk number etc), but the 81 will only show a transit network call not a normal outgoing call because it does not originate at the 81.
The only way I know this would work is if the BCM was a remote shelf off the 81 not linked by PRI.
I hope I havn't confused the issue. :)

try making the routes to the bcm's ext and and cdr yes in that route.. or buy a cdr package for the bcm

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Did you purchase the "MCDN" keycodes with the your H323 trunks? We had noticed a few things missing until the MCDN keycode were installed. A longshot, but something else to check!

This is normal behaviour for Nortel option series CDR with a 'tandem' call. You can enable the 'enhanced' call record, and you'll get a three line call record, the regular 'n' record, and then two more lines surrounede by ampersands with the callerID data. I haven't yet found a call accounting package that will handle those lines correctly, but I've never used the Nortel product (mat/otm).

Janaya, for the configuration you describe above (remote switch(s) connected to a Meridian via PRI) where the remote extension calls show as tandem (TK to TK) calls, our call accounting software, CallBill, can be configured to report the originating extension provided the Meridian CDR is programmed to output the CLID information. Let me know if you want more information on how the call is handled and I will direct you to our Support Team.

This is the information I have for breakout tandem calls from another node.

The Billing Line Identity (OLI) is used to identify the billable party when a metered trunk or a non-metered trunks with CDRX set to YES in its Route Data Block has been routed via call modification to another Meridian Customer Defined (MCDN) node.

BLID is 16 characters wide and output on line 3 positions 15 to 30 of the CDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back