Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get URL _blank BUG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

willbo

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
US
Sorry but i must post once more as its an ongoing problem.
A single button with _blank in the target is launching 2 windows when it feels like it.
See if your IE wants to open two!

Hit random card a few times, eventually it starts spawning 2 windows instead of one.
I have run into this "Bug" again before, i just dont understand why its doin it!1
The buttons exist in a Tween that slides in from the side, but i cant imagine that causing the problem.
THANK YOU EVERYBODY!

hi will

I see what you mean. Your problem probably lies in the fact that your button is within the mc.

I can't see any mc tweening taking place so it's hard to tell where the mc is.

Why don't you have the actions simply on the button? It seems to me that there is no need for an mc on that button, as you are only changing the colour of the text on rollover, so you would merely require a button with white text in the 'UP' frame and orange text in the 'OVER' frame.

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

well ive added yet another Random Card button outside of any movie clip or tween. and it does the same thing... dangit

another odd thing being i cant get 2 windows spawning in Netscape OR when testing the .swf in Flash. it launches a single ie window. weird

yeah it is pretty weird, can you mail me the zipped FLA?

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

Hi Willbo,

Apart from the prob you posted do you realize the following:
- probably your work is made on a 19" screen but for a 14" inch screen viewer especially the text parts are hard to read.
- Also, why the pop up windows when linking? Very irretating they are.

Still, although I don't have a solution for your main prob I hope my comments are usefull.

Best of luck!

dartali

dartali,
As far as the text being too small for a 14" monitor, and due to the ablity to zoom in flash to read if you have to.. i dont think Falcon is too worried about the size.
As for the pop ups when linking, this is how they wanted their comment card browser. Its browsing through 600 cards and when they open in new windows you can easily look at multiples at a time.
Thanks for the comments!
Do you find the main site too small to read as well?

hi will,

just got a chance to check your FLA. I think the problem reside in the fact that you have it set to on 'press'.

The FLA you sent had one instance of the button on the main stage and one in the mc. If you change one of them to on 'press' and test the two versions, you'll see the difference.

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

do you mean change one to release instead of press?
i removed the other button as it appears being in the mc has nothing to do with the problem..
ok ill change one to release and try. still doesnt make sense tho.

DANG!!
your right!
change em to release and they are fine.

makes absolutely NO sense tho!!
WTF!
thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back