Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get transferred to a RAD Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

peck4

Vendor
Jul 20, 2007
US
Is there a way to get transferred to a RAD through the Auto Attendant, afterhours with no receptionist.

My customer has an 8 line hunt group, lines 1-4 and 25-28 on a MICS. I took line 28 out of the Night Ring Services and programmed the RAD to answer line 028.

The problem is, Qwest is providing them a service with terminals for lines and all the terminals have the same telephone number. So I can’t call line 8 because it has the same telephone number as lines 1 – 7.

And the last thing you should know is there are no spare analog and CO ports

Cannot do via AA sorry.

Never heard of lines not having their own number but have heard that all lines in a huntgroup can gegister the same caller id number which would be the pilot number.

Only trickery from AA is use an ATA out of KSU then back into a spare trunk port.
Or try an ATX (Line share device) where you eneter a code to get to the port on the device and hook it up to a spare trunk port.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thank you Curlycord

Sometimes I think Qwest is out to get me, but it’s all going to be OK. I got my customer to manually transfer me to the RAD this morning and did a Backup, Feature 9*0.

Thanks again Curlycord, you’re the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back