Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get the database back to original after setting on Startup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinbe

Programmer
Dec 30, 2004
US
I need an urgent help here guys.
I have made a copy of my database and tried the Tools/Startup option. And guess what.......I delete my original DB, now I only I an uneditable version left after playing with Startup option.
Can anyone help me how to get the full menu bar back.
Any help would be appreciate it

Hi
Highlight your database, hold down the shift key and press return to open the database. This bypasses start up options.

I was unsuccesful, there are only File, Edit, Insert, Records, Window, and Help appear in the Menu bar. Is there another solution? I'm crying

You are holding the Shift key when opening the database? (Close the db and Access before trying).

You might try danvlas suggestion here thread702-917672, should it still fail...

Roy-Vidar

I'm thankful to join this forum.
I owe ton of thanks to both of you, Remou and Roy. Thank you again

Glad you were successful, tekmate! You might want to do what I ALWAYS do: before any major change I always make three backup copies. It takes a miinute, maybe, but it's well worth it!

The Missinglinq

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Real men don't make backups...
...but often cry :)

Roy-Vidar

RoyVidar said:
[COLOR=black yellow]...but often cry [/color]
That is what I did earlier[banghead] not now!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back