Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GET STATION - sort of....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwitchHack

Programmer
Feb 3, 2004
US
Hi all,
I am new here and I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to run a command on G3 that is like GET STATION, but places the data into a stream (like a file stream). What I want to accomplish is reading a station configuration, without having to do a screen scrape. Basically, I would like to see the data displayed in a format without the escape characters.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Thanks

SwitchHack

Hi,
You can do a export data from browser window of the ASA.

Thanks for the tip, but I don't have a Ethernet Card for the G3. I am connecting via the maintenance port, using a serial connection from a Linux box. From this, I read the serial port, and capture the data...

Any other ideas?

You don't need an ethernet card. ASA will work via direct connect serial and via modem.

-CL

Like lopes1211 said and then Once ASA is connected you can do one of three things; 1) export the data, 2) use the emulator in ASA and simply highlight the text you display and then copy and paste where ever, and 3) click the Print option and select either the printer or Adobee PDF if you have it.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

Ok, since I am new to the G3, what and where is ASA? How do I get it, and then, how do I invoke it?

Thanks all for the information.

It's a PC app sold by Avaya. Sometimes free with PBX upgrades but also available for purchase. It lets you interface to the PBX in another method other than via a &quot;dumb terminal&quot; or emulator. The software allows software imports, exports, scheduled changes, fault monitoring, and lots of other goodies.

-CL

Thanks for the info. I guess there is no command that I can issue once I am logged in to give me the information without using the ASA then, is there?

With a Nortel product, I can issue a command and get a few files that I can parse, and then run through an application I have written to manipulate the data for storage in an external database.

That is essentially what I am looking to do with the G3.

Anyone know of any commands to use similiar to that, or a way to access the internal files on the G3?

Thanks again,

You can set up a data module as a system printer and capture everything you send to it with a pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back