Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get rid of warning message (IE7)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadySlinger

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2002
US
Only one of my users has downloaded IE7. He has been having some difficulties connecting to our VPN...he constantly has to download the ActiveX control and IE7 warns him about the certificate.

I did take care of the certificate part.

However, if I enable all signed ActiveX controls in parenthesis next to the enable it says "Not Recommended". Then whenever the browser is started, the warning page comes up "Your security settings has putyour computer at risk. Click here to Fix now or click to "home" to continue."

Is there ANY way to get rid of that initial message? Or will he just have to live with one setting or the other?

Thanks in Advance.

gigahertz said:
Add the site to the Trusted Sites Zone.
That will have no effect on the "Your security settings has put your computer at risk. Click here to Fix now or click to "home" to continue." warning message.

Rather than change the security settings, it would be better to make the user accept the certificate problem every time. Or better yet, fix the certificate problem.

In the Internet Security Zone, if you change any of the security settings from the option marked (Recommended) to the option marked (Not Secure) you will get the at risk warning. In the Trusted Sites Zone, these corresponding settings can be changed without the warning. For XP Pro, the settings can also be changed and warnings suppressed with the group policy editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back