Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get rid of totals in pivot form

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunacol

Programmer
Jan 29, 2001
GB
I built a pivot form from the wizard which is based on the sql below. The pivot form brings up totals at the end of each entry and also a grand total at the end. For example, it shows the customers on the left and number of quotes in the middle but there are 2 identifcle rows for each customer (one is labelled with the customer ID and one is labelled 'total'). How do I get rid of this total? Is it something to do with try to group the results by month?? r is it something to do with the fact I have a customer name and custmer ID and sometimes the ID is empty? Any help appreciated.

SELECT DailyQuotes.SalesPerson, DailyQuotes.CustID, DailyQuotes.CustomerName, DailyQuotes.NoOfQuotes, DailyQuotes.QuoteDate FROM DailyQuotes WHERE (((DailyQuotes.QuoteDate) Between [Start Date] And [End Date]));

Yes you can hide the subtotals in a Pivot Table, just dbl-click the field button to open the PivotTable field dialog box

For Subtotals, select 'None' and then Click OK

You can find further instructions for doing this manually or programmatically at
Hope this helps.
neemi

Thanks for the information but I can not make it work. When you talk about the field button I presume you mean the gray column heading? When I double click this I do not get a PivotTable field dialog box. If I click the main headings (such as month or customer) then they expand or hide the total columns. If I click on the gray total; box I get a message saying "can not drill into a total". I have tried double clikcing everywhere but never see a dialog box that looks anything like the one show in the web explanation. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,
I am trying to do the same thing, hide the subtotals and totals, and am running into the same difficulty as shaunacol. I noticed that the linked page is titled "Excel -- Pivot Tables -- Field Settings" Could this be why it is not working in Access Forms? Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back