Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Rid Of Task List for GOOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpremore

Technical User
Apr 13, 2001
US
Ok hot shots: REAL easy one for you...
ready?
I want to *completely* turn off the task list window in Visual Studio. I don't care if I EVER see that thing again. How do I do it.

heh, hehe - Not as easy as you thought, huh?

I'll be at tpremore@ideorlando.org if you can crack this disaster of a non-feature.

Thanks guys!
-Travis

Hi Travis

I don't mean to be facetious but don't you just need to click the x in the top right hand corner. Seems to work ok for me...

Rob

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed - Eisenhower 1953

bert,
Ok, ok, I can see that conclusion, but no, it doesn't solve the problem. It automatically pops back up every time a build is done an there are errors or warnings or something it wants to tell you about - EVEN if you "X" it.

try this
view --> show tasks then select what you want to show, you probably have All selected, change it to build errors.
hth,
Marty

cappmgr,
Did this actually work for you? Build errors is already what I had for my selection. Try building something that has compile errors. I bet the task list pops back up. Infernal thing. If not, you have another setting different from mine that we must find! :)

You are right the build errors show, but that is all that shows and I really need that. To stop it from popping up toggle the auto hide and make the widow as small as possible than all you will see is task list window header.
Sorry, I do not know how to remove it completely.
Marty

Oh but don't you just love the build errors anyway...? "ah there is a problem with my code, I'll double click on the warning and automagically appear on the culprit code to fix it". Lovely jubbly. I dont' think you can get rid completely so you may as well learn to love it ;-) Sorry I can't be more help.

Rob

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed - Eisenhower 1953

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back