Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get rid of splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2000
US
I would like to replace the splash screen that comes up as the user logs into their profile.

Where do you address this. It isn't in the control panel anywhere. It must be a part of a login script.

Can anyone help me

To delete the splash screen just delete the C:\logo.sys. So I would assume you can modify it there as well. Its been a while so I am not sure. Giv eit a try.

You won't find logo.sys on C.If you want to disable the splash screen,create a small bitmap,10Kb or so,rename it to Logo.sys and place on C-not the windows folder.Windows will try to read the file and give up,by-passing it.(There is a neater way involving msdos.sys,but the change seems to be permanent so i won't detail that.)If you want your screen back,just delete the file you created.If you want to CHANGE the screen, your image must be bitmap,and exactly 400 pixels high,320 pixels wide--96dpi horizontal rezolution ,97dpi vertical rez. and 256 colours.Anything else won't be recognised.Rename as Logo.sys and place on C. Best of luck!( view Logos.sys in windows in a graphics program, it adheres to the same standard)

To do so click Start/Programs/MS-DOS prompt.
In the MSDOS prompt window type

attrib -r -s -h C:\MSDOS.SYS

then press Enter.

This is to allow you to edit/write to the file as otherwise it is Read-Only. Then type

notepad C:\MSDOS.SYS

then press Enter.

Notepad will now load with your MSDOS file ready for editting.

Look for the line "LOGO=1". If it is there to turn OFF the splash screen simply change the 1 to a 0 (zero).

If that line isn't there just below the line [Options] add LOGO=0.

It is not hard, trust me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back