Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get nothing but a reorder tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshowell3rd

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2003
GB
I just picked up a G3si w/ v5 software that I am trying to use in a VoIP lab. I have setup my dial plan and successfully added phones. The phones light up, but whenever I pick up the hand sets, I get a reorder (fast busy) tone. It doesn't even give me a chance to dial, I just get the reorder tone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Don't know if this helps, but I am getting an alarm "TTR-LEV". I have no idea what this is... The Tone Clock perhaps?

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John

Correct. You need a new Tone Detector circuit pack.

Statements expressed in this post are my own opinions and should not be considered as the opinion of my employer.

Excellent! Thank you!

Any recommendations which model Tone Detector I should get? I am confused between Tone Detectors/Generators/Classifiers, etc.

I am using a TN790 processor with v6 code on a G3 v1.1 chassis. I will be supporting digital line, e&m, and CO type circuit packs.

Thanks in advance!

If you are running V6 software you need a TN2182 tone clock.

HI all,

I face a typical problem with my VOIP services. I have 3 VOIP trunks to different sites. I also have IP softphone users (around 15). Everything thing seems to work fine. Now something weird happens a bad morning and all my VOIP services are in trouble. Everything looks fine in the system no alarms, errors, can ping the CLAN board.

I cannot register the IP softphone, it goes into connection mode and keeps on trying connecting. when i sniffed the packets i could find that server is sending back gatekeeper reject packets with "unknown reason (3)" packet for a registration request.

on the Ip trunk front, the status shows inservice/idle and the signalling channel status also looks normal. But when i try to call any number, i get fast busy tone and it throws and ISDN deniel event in the trace.

I tried upgrading the firmware on CLAn board, but it dint help. Resetting the CLAN or MEDPRO cards does not help either.

Only when i restart the whole Definity G3si BOX, the problem is solved. This situation has happened aleady 3 times. Once restarted it works fine for 2 weeks (roughly).

Has any one come across such a situation?. Is it a BUG in the software? i have tried a lot to get some help on this.

Any one who can help me out here?...

Regards & Cheers
Manoj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back