Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Link Field value in a subreport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo21

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
IN

I am using a subreport to show details of a record.

I could set the datasource for the subreport which is using .ttx files, but my requirement is that i need know the mapping field value.

Out of the many records i display, i need to know the record on which user clicked( i.e drill on subreport) to view its details( the details are shown in subreport).

Actually this could be achived by linking the field(usually unique field) in main report to a field in subreport. But as i mentioned above, my requirement is to know the value of that field.

Thanks.

Is your subreport currently linked to the main report?
If not, how does the subreport know which records to return?
Once you 'know' the value, how do you need to use it? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Yes, the subreport is linked to main report by a field.
This field's value is what i am looking for.

Once i get the value of the field i don't need to show the subreport, so i'll suppress it.Actually i wanted to know that field's value, so i created a subreport and linked it on this field.

If there is any other way to get that value instead of subreports that is also fine.

please reply fast..

Thanks.

What is this field's name in the main report?
What is this field's name in the subreport?

I am confused, because if you are linking to the value in the main report you must already have the value. Is the value you are looking for in the main report? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back