Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get information from tablecells

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrodanBoll

Programmer
Mar 6, 2002
ZA
Hi

I'm trying to build a simpel template in Word.
The template have a table in the header on the firts page.
The user puts test in some of the table cells. This information should also automaticlly appear on the following pages in the header in some form (bookmark, field or tablecell whatever is the best solution).

How do I do this? Can du pick information from a specific tablecell?

If I´d a similar solution in both Excel and Powerpoint can I do somethin similar?

Any kicks or links that would put me in the right direction would be nice. :)

Thanks
grodan

Hi GrodanBoll,

You can do all sorts of things, but I'm unclear as to what you're asking. If you want the same information in the header on every page then just have a single header for the whole document and it will be replicated - that would be the default behaviour anyway, so what have you done?

Putting a Table in an Excel Header is a bit more awkward, but you can have a range of cells repeated on every page. I think your biggest problem will be Powerpoint.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Thx for your answer Tony. :)

Sorry if I was unclear. :/
I'd like to have two different headers.

On the first page there will be more information, on the following pages only some of this information are needed.

I have done som templates before, based those on bookmarks.
But can I use the information in specific tablecells and duplicate this information (maybe with the help of some VBA or feilds?) to the following pages?

And of course do the simular in Excel?

Thanx
grodan

Hi Grodan,

I'm sure you could do something with Fields and/or Bookmarks in Word (not so sure about referencing the Table Cells though), but really don't think you have any similar options in either Excel or PowerPoint - I'm always happy to be proved wrong, though. I'll have a play with Word and post back if no-one smarter does it first.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I know how to it with bookmarks and fields.
But I find it annoying to have to use forms when U add or edit data. The stupid bookmarks disappears when U add data to it.
So U end up with a lot of VBA code. :/

And then i wonderd if there maybe would be som easeir way to do this. :)

Still hopeing. :)

Thanks
grodan

Can du pick information from a specific tablecell?
Take a look at the Cell method of the Table object.
From my help file:
Set myCell = ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Cell(Row:=1, Column:=2)

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Great :)

I'll have a look at your answers.

Thanks
grodan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back