Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Info Loop Hell !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetmaker

Technical User
Oct 18, 2006
GB
Can someone help with a script?

Because of a delay transfering calls to company mobiles we need to play a simple prompt asking people to hold.

I.E.
5465 fwd > 888029 (88 is our short dial code inc last 4 digits of the mobile number)

On CM 88xxxx translates to 3100, the trgger for the script
Get info stores the destination number then the please hold message is played. Then the call is redirected to the Get info number so the trigger is set off again causing a loop.

How could I divert all 88xxxx traffic to the trigger, get the destination info and make the call go to the mobile after the prompt is played?

This must be something many companies have to sort out?

Are you referring to a routing script, or IPIVR script? Could you try exporting it and attach here?

Looked at the script, and can see where the tight loop occurs. The Call Redirect is pointing back to Get Contact Info.
When this ends, I assume you go back to ICM?

I'd suggest you set a variable after Call Redirect, and pass this variable back to ICM, perhaps a label?

Sorry, without knowing the full configurations, I could only make assumptions.

Another thing is that I would have thought you'd be able to achieve the translation within CCM. Why was there a delay in resulting that you require to play a prompt?

Thanks for looking I'll have a play around with it again, its not too pressing but we need a solution to it.

Basically calls going out to mobiles have a 6/7 second delay before they ring - most callers then presume that the number doesn't work because they don't hear any ringing and hang up - hence the need for the wait prompt.
The call goes out from Call Manager fine the delay is over the mobile operators network - i've spoken to them - they say its the same over other mobile operators and to be honest I have rung a few other companies where their staff do forward their calls to their mobiles if they are off site and they have a message playing as well so I just presume it is "fairly common".

The plan is to send 88xxxx (88 is our short dial code inc last 4 digits of the mobile number) on call manager to a trigger for the script, the prompt to wait is played, and the call forwarded to the original intended number.

Thanks again.

No worries, I wonder if you have used the wrong step. Rather than using Call Redirect, have you tried Place Call, with the same variable gathered at the beginning?

Thanks.
Whatever way I look at the script the call will forward back to the trigger

88xxxx > script get call info play prompt send to call info > 88xxxx > script get call info play prompt send to call info > 88xxxx > script get call info play prompt send to call info etc etc.

Maybe I could edit the info to send it to 89xxxx which would forward to the mobiles in the same way 88 does...

Ahhh... makes sense.
Caller dials 88xxx, translated to 3100, goes into the script, and play prompt, but it tried to place a call on CCM, CCM translates it again, putting the call back to 3100, and so it goes round and round...

To prove it, you should be able to find the relevant calls within the CDR to prove that the call was being bounced back and forth between IPIVR and CCM.

Yeah, I tested on a specific 888029 pattern so that part does work.
Now I'll need to create an edit call info step to use as the forwarding info *GROAN* LOL!

At least I'm on the right road now :/

Great, at least it works!
Sounds like you worked it all out after all... LOL.
Sorry, I was assuming that you were using ICM at the beginning.

Good luck mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back