Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get External Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneDoherty

Technical User
Mar 6, 2002
GB
I have my pc setup with ODBC drivers to access a database on the network. In Excel I click on Data, Get External Data, New Database Query. I am then asked to Choose Data Source I scroll down the list to find tman.udd and click OK. A box then comes up saying 'Connecting to Data Source'. I then get a query wizard box asking me to choose the colums.

But I want to use Access. I open Access then I have to open a database so I choose db1. I then click File, Get External Data, Import. The imort box then comes up. I click on File Types and pick ODBC Databases and select OK. Another box comes up asking me to Select Data Source. The only one showing is tman.udd so I click on this and select OK. Then nothing happens, it just goes back to the db1 database. What am I doing wrong.

What are you trying to do? From your explanation, you are not doing something right. There is not Get External Data command in Access.

You can open the Access Database and then select Import and then choose ODBC Databases and go from there.

If you click File, the third one down is Get External Data, then Import, select ODBC but nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back