Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Even ID 5719 on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITSOLU

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2006
US
Get Even ID 5719. No domain controller is available for domain_name due to the following: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again.

More information please...

Domain is 2000 or 2003 AD?

Have you tested TCP/IP connectivity? Use ping, nslookup, and nbtstat to ensure you can communicate with the domain controllers.

It is NT domain controller. I can browswer and ping the servers.

I tested the cable and switch, there was no error found. I even replaced the cable. It did not make any different.

Check you Client / Server times. A major mismatch can also cause this.

Stu..

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Yeah, system time is correct on both workstations and servers.

It's probably a NIC problem in my opinion. I would try a spare if you have one. If you don't have one, at least attempt to update the drivers for your current one.

No, it is not a NIC card. It even happens on new workstation. I checked the NIC vendor, there was no new version of it.

It could also be the LMHOSTS file pointing to an old domain server that no longer exists. First copy and paste the files into word/note pad and save it. Then clean out the LMHOSTS file or just check it over to make sure the addresses are current. Also make sure your subnet mask and DNS addresses are setup correctly in your TCP/IP properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back